Waste Management Europe, conference and exhibition, will be the place for all stakeholders in waste management to come together and discuss the challenges they face and the solutions they are developing.
Waste Management Europe will bring together industry leaders, innovators, buyers,
regulators and governments to network, collaborate and debate how humanity can best manage its waste in the future. Waste management is an international issue and, while being held in Europe, the event will have a global reach, including innovation and best practices from around the world.
Alongside the strategic/policy sessions – sessions that will be filled by invitation only – the conference will also feature a series of technical sessions that will tackle issues within waste management in more granular detail. In order to ensure the best possible content, from those at the cutting edge of their field, we are opening a call for papers.
Examples of topics on which we are interested in receiving proposals include:
- Bio and Agricultural Waste
- Chemical Waste
- Energy and Heat Recovery Technology
- Hazardous Materials Waste
- Landfill Management
- Medical Waste
- Metal Waste
- Paper and Cardboard Waste
- Plastic Waste
- Project Management & Finance
- Recycling and Reclamation Technology
- Regulation and Legal Issues
- Skills and Waste Management Sector
- Sustainability and the Circular Economy
- Textiles Waste
- Water Waste
If your organization is interested in participating and you think that you have a topic or idea in which
our audience would be interested, we invite you to submit a proposal by the deadline of Friday the
3rd of December 2021. Once we have received all submissions, we will consider each one and inform
you whether or not your proposal is successful.
Those successful in being offered a place on the agenda as a result of the call for papers will
be given full access to the entire three days of the exhibition and conference, plus
associated networking receptions.
Submitting a Proposal
To submit a proposal, please complete all sections of the form below, remembering to click
‘submit’, before midnight GMT on Friday the 3rd December 2021.
- The presentation should be aimed at a senior (C-suite) executives of waste management
- companies, senior executives from other sectors with responsibility for waste management within their organization, government representatives and other interested parties from Europe and further afield.
- The presentation needs to be capable of being delivered in forty minutes, including Q&A.
- The presentation should be delivered by senior representatives within their organizations, with specific technical understanding relevant to the topic.
- The sessions may feature up to two speakers. The organizers of WME 2022 will provide a moderator to introduce speakers and conduct the Q&A session.
- If successful, the representative of the organization delivering the presentation will work with the conference organizers to deliver relevant content in line with the session topic. Promotional content should be limited to one slide and the session should under no circumstances be a ‘sales pitch’. Content must be approved by the organizers in advance.
- The successful presentations will be allocated a date (either the 15th, 16th or 17th of March 2022) and time in due course, though, as is typical with live events, the exact time may change at short notice; but, in any case, notice will be given before hand of any changes.
- Preference will be given to presentations which contain actionable intelligence or ideas which can be absorbed and used by the participants, and content which differs to other sessions featured throughout the rest of the event.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for all submissions is midnight GMT on Friday the 3rd December 2021.