Europe’s leading event dedicated to reducing, recycling and reusing returns to Bergamo (Italy) for its 3rd annual edition.
Taking place between 9th and 11th April 2024
The Waste Management Europe conference & exhibition is building upon previous editions with a larger and more diverse conference programme bringing together thousands of leading waste management and circular economy experts, executives and policymakers.
Last year we welcomed nearly 5,000 dedicated industry professionals and decision-makers to Bergamo and in 2024 we expect to increase these numbers by more than 30% based on the major interest and commitment already shown by international organisations.
We now call for your expertise as a potential speaker on the strategic agenda, or technical theatre, and invite you to upload a short (300-600 word) abstract of your proposed speech or presentation
Improving Environmental Sustainability:
Tackling Climate Change:
Better Resource Conservation:
With improved management of waste and recycling practices, consumers and industry will better conserve precious natural resources. Connect with major producers and utilisers of natural resources including leading names in mining, energy production, construction and ecosystem management.
Growing the Economic Benefits:
Clarifying Regulation & Laws:
Raise Greater Public Perception:
Strategic Conference Themes
Delivering Sustainability & the Circular Economy
- Applying innovative processes to slash waste
- Delivering on goals to reduce consumption and prevent waste being created
- “Designing out” waste – latest case studies and concepts
Funding & Financing Low-Impact, Low-Waste Industries
- Circular economy strategies that reduce investor risks
- Realigning organizations to ESG-oriented investment strategies
- Driving medium and long-term competitiveness from embracing a zero-waste approach
Food & Agricultural Waste Management Strategies
- Building better food systems to eliminate waste
- Use for food waste – animal feeds, bio-products and more
- Biogas and Anaerobic digestion gas to power projects
Reducing Business & Industrial Consumption – Cutting Waste
- Cutting energy and materials consumption, raising efficiencies
- Measuring the ecological footprint of your business
- Effective energy and materials management strategies to save money and cut waste
- Critical importance of driving efficiencies during the ongoing energy cost challenge
Tackling Waste Crime – Regional, National & International Regulations
- Latest initiatives and laws shared and debated
- Inspiring case studies from law enforcement and regulators
- Driving cultural change from the ground up
- Engaging with businesses and citizens to drive down waste crime
Regional & National Strategies & Case Studies
- Where are we seeing bold, ambitious innovation in waste management?
- International, National and Regional case studies shared
- Engaging latest technologies with practical implementations
- Driving greater cooperation between regions and nations to slash waste
Recycling and Reuse Strategies for Success
- How can we reclaim more and landfill / burn less of our waste?
- Examining the technologies and processes that enable recycling of materials that once were too contaminated to reuse
- How can strategies and technologies be better integrated across waste management systems to significantly raise recycling levels?
Plastic Waste – Next Developments and Regulations
- Forecasts of plastic taxes across the EU and impacts on producers
- How can we phase out single use plastics across consumer and industrial manufacturing processes entirely?
- New technologies and innovations in packaging and materials storage
Tackling Water Shortages Through Better Management, Treatment & Recycling
- Improving water treatment processes and quality for users
- Innovations and solutions to sewage and waste water management
- Environmental and biodiversity best-practices examined
Technical Theatre Themes:
The technical conference will run in a specially-built theatre in the Exhibition Hall and will be free-to-attend – open to all visitors, conference delegates, and exhibitors.
Please note that we will only offer Technical Theatre speaking opportunities to exhibitors and sponsors of Waste Management Europe 2024.
- Transportation & Collection Services
- RFID, Monitoring & Tracking Technologies
- Hazardous Waste Handling & Management
- Water & Liquids Waste Management
- Waste to Energy Technologies
- Metals Recycling & Processing
- Renewable Waste-to-Energy
- Secure Product Destruction
- Liquid Waste Management
- Plastic and Packaged Goods Recycling
- Site Contamination & Cleanup
- R&D Innovations
- Agricultural & Food Waste Management
- Biogas and Anaerobic Digestion
- Machinery & Plant
- Health & Safety Products & Solutions
- Zero Waste to Landfill Applications
- Electronic Waste Recycling
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Waste Management
Please apply here to be considered as a speaker (based on the above requirements)